- Irish Lotto Results
- Irish Lotto 49s
- Irish Lotto Winning Numbers
- Irish Lotto 49s Previous Results
- Irish Lottery 49s Results
The Irish Lotto Bet (known as “Lucky Numbers” in Ireland) is based on the outcome of the Irish National Lottery. There are 3 draws every Wednesday and Saturday. The three draws are called ‘Main Draw’, ‘2nd Draw’ and ‘3rd Draw’. You can bet on 1 to 6 numbers from the 47 in each draw. Bookmaker bets may vary.
The 49’s lunch and teatime lottery draws were originally set up for people who love the excitement of flexible lotto betting. It was first available in bookmaker’s shops but hundreds of thousands of people now bet online every month.
- The latest tweets from @Irishlottery.
- With two extra balls than the Irish Lotto, the Spanish Lotto has both 49-ball games (every Monday and Saturday) and a 54-ball game on a Sunday. The game has become very popular with UK bettors because you can choose your stake for fixed odds, whereas the UK’s National Lottery costs exactly £2.
- Place your bets and check lottery results from around the world. Betfred’s lottery results checker includes Irish Daily Millions, NY lotto results and many more. This is a twitter description.
- 6 main balls plus a booster/bonus ball are drawn from a selection of 1 – 49. E.g.: 1 6 16 28 32 45 Bonus 22
- Betting without the booster/bonus ball (best payout) – you can bet on between 1 - 5 balls appearing from any of the main 6 drawn and win up to £150,000 from a £1 stake.
- Betting with the bonus ball (lower payout because it’s easier!) – you can bet on between 1 - 5 balls appearing from any of the main 6 drawn and the booster ball. You can win up to £50,000 from a £1 stake.*
* Odds Disclaimer: The displayed odds/payout are intended as a guide only and whilst we work hard to ensure they're up to date, they are subject to change from the operators. Please always check odds on the betting operator site before placing any bets.
The 49’s lotto is drawn twice daily at lunchtime 12:49pm (UK/Irish Time) and teatime 17:49pm (16:49 in winter)
Looking for 49’s Lotto Results? View the latest 49’s lotto results here
We score and rank all of the 49’s lotto betting companies on 10 key categories here. Plus, some of the online bookmakers have great introductory offers for 49’s lotto betting. Now, let’s look at the simple steps on how to place a 49’s Lotto bet:
Step 1: Select An Online Bookmaker
Many bookmakers offer betting on the 49’s Lotto - Betfred, Coral, Ladbrokes, Bet365 - to name a few. Fire joker real money.
The odds vary from bookmaker to bookmaker, some have welcome offers for new customers and some don’t. Some of the companies you might be familiar with and others you won’t. We have created a page especially for comparing bookmakers that offer the 49’s Lottery here. All of the companies compared are fully regulated. For this 49’s guide we’re going to use Betfred as an example as they’re #1 rated on our site.
Step 2: Register and Deposit with your chosen company
When you’ve decided which company you’re going to try first for 49’s lotto betting, you’ll need to:
- Click through a link on our site
- Complete registration
- Deposit £/€5 or more
You may be entitled to a fantastic welcome offer.
Step 3: Lucky Dip Or Select Your Own Numbers?
Do you know what numbers you want to choose? Then select ‘Bet With New Numbers’ and select your numbers. Alternatively, if you select ‘Lucky Dip’ then Betfred will randomly select numbers for you.
Step 4: How Many Numbers To Select
You can choose to bet on between 1 - 5 numbers on the 49’s Lotto. The more numbers you bet on, the more you could win. For example, if you had a winning bet of £1 on 3 balls with Betfred at odds of 700/1 that would return £701 (£700 winnings plus your initial stake of £1 back). If you had a winning bet on 5 balls at 150,000/1, that would return £150,001 (150,000/1 plus your initial stake).*
Try our handy Odds calculator to compare your winnings: www.bet49s.com/odds-calculator
Time to dispel a few lotto betting myths:
Does my stake change depending on the number of balls I select? No. You decide how much you want to bet regardless of the amount of balls you select to bet on.
Does the ball order of results affect my winnings? No. For example, if you select the balls 5, 15, 25 and the 49’s Lotto results appear as 3, 5, 12, 15, 25, 34 you would still win.
Step 5: With Or Without The Bonus Ball?
By including the bonus ball you increase the chances that your numbers will appear. For example:
- If you select and bet on 3 balls without the bonus ball - you need to match 3 correctly from the main 6 balls drawn. (This is the most popular bet).
- If you select and bet on 3 balls with the bonus ball - you need to match 3 correctly from 7 drawn (the main 6 balls and the bonus/booster).
The catch? Betting with the bonus ball lowers the odds*, because it is easier. For example:
- Betting on 3 balls with Betfred without the bonus ball offers odds of 700/1
- Betting on 3 balls with Betfred with the bonus ball offers odds of 440/1
Step 6: One Or Multiple Lines?
‘Lines’ are essentially selections of number(s). If you want to have more than one bet on the same draw select ‘Add Another Line’. This will mean an additional stake from your original bet.
Bonus Step: Add To Favourites?
With Betfred, and a couple of other bookmakers, you can save numbers to your ‘favourites’. This is a fantastic innovative feature and makes it easier to come back and place a bet again in the future.
Step 7: Choose Draws
You can select the draws you want to bet on. You can bet on the lunchtime and/or the teatime draws (which offer the same odds and format). With Betfred you can also bet on 7 days of draws and up to 4 weeks in advance. If you bet on the lunchtime and teatime, this enables you to bet on 28 draws in one go.
This is really useful and saves time for future weeks.
(Amount of draws in advance is one of the 10 categories we rate the online bookmakers on)
Step 8: Multiple Bets
Multiple bets or combination bets are an interesting option offered by many online bookmakers. They can seem a bit daunting at first but essentially Multiples are a combination of different bet types from the same selection of numbers. The total combinations, also known as the number of bets, is multiplied by your unit stake to provide your total stake.
Let’s look at a very simple example:
- You choose 2 numbers: 7 & 11
- You can have 3 bets involving these 2 numbers:
Irish Lotto Results
A double bet that requires that both 7 & 11 will be drawn at odds of 60/1
One single bet that only requires that 7 will be drawn at odds of 6/1
Another separate single bet that only requires that 11 will be drawn at odds of 6/1
There are more complicated combination bets such as the fantastically named Lucky 15. This entails 15 bets involving 4 ball number selections: 4 Singles, 6 Doubles, 4 Trebles and 1 Four-fold. (At least one number must be drawn in order for you to get a return with a Lucky 15).
Irish Lotto 49s
Step 9: Enter Stake
Enter your stake. You will now see potential returns - time to start dreaming about what you’ll spend your winnings on!
You’ll need to enter a stake for each line and bet type you’ve chosen with Betfred. The stakes will be multiplied by the number of draws you have selected.
The minimum stakes vary between companies. With Betfred Lotto you need to have a minimum stake unit of £0.05 for any individual bet and the overall total bet slip amount must total a minimum of 50p
(Minimum stake is one of the 10 categories we rate the online bookmakers on)
Step 10: Check Results
Check out our 49’s Lotto Results centre to see if you’ve won.
Irish Lotto Winning Numbers
The 49’s Lotto is drawn twice daily on Wednesday and Saturday evenings at 19:45pm (UK/Irish Time). (Normally you need to have your bets placed between 15-30 minutes before the draw takes place).
Join The Fun, Start Betting On The 49's
Irish Lotto 49s Previous Results
View our easy odds comparison table to find out the best place to start betting: